Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cake Pop Cake Pop Cake Pop

It may sound crazy but truth be told, I don’t love to eat cake.  If I am presented with desert options, nine times out of ten I’ll choose anything over cake (that is unless it is carrot cake or ice cream cake).  I love frosting, and I love decorating cake – but that is about as far as the love goes for me when it comes to cake…  Well, that is until I discovered cake pops.

Reading about cake decorating online, I stumbled across the term “cake pop”.  I had no idea what a cake pop was so I googled it, and found the cutest little creations made from cake, frosting and candy coating.  Essentially, a treat made from cake that looks like a lollipop.  Cake balls if you will, stuck on a sucker stick, then dipped in candy coating.  And it turns out these things are pretty popular – even substituting wedding cake for some people.

 It really is cake!

They sounded easy enough to make and I just had to try it.  Sounded is the key word there… not quite as easy as one would think.  But so fun never the less, at least to me.  So here is my first attempt at cake pops.


Not only are they adorable, but they are friggen yummy!  Perfect combination of crunchy and soft – double decker mini cake shot.  And, they keep for about 2 weeks at room temperature!  Not that they will ever last that long.


 I was so excited to try my hand at cake pops that I put my cake for this weekend on hold again.  It’s all baked and leveled sitting in our freezer.

Anyway, as you can probably tell, these little cake pops got me all psyched up.  Doesn’t take much ;)

~Tam a Lam
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment