Monday, October 18, 2010

Get Ready... Get Set...

I was recently approached by a few different people asking me to make them cakes so I have my first couple of "official" orders coming up (so psyched!).  I really want them to turn out perfect so I spent this past weekend prepping.  

On Saturday, I shopped around for tools and supplies.  I actually baked 7 cakes (and a batch of cookies to hold the hubby over) on Sunday morning - it's a good thing we have an extra freezer/keg-o-rater to keep the cakes fresh.  Tonight was spent making a stencil.  

I'm going to try ganache under my next cake - I've heard incredible things about laying fondant over ganache, and it tastes soooo good.  Perfect for the Chocolate cake they wanted.

Wish I had a new cake from this past weekend... but there are not enough hours in a day for that :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment