Sunday, November 21, 2010

Keeping Busy

After my Under the Sea cake, I was anxious to get started on my big Thanksgiving/Birthday cake... When unexpectedly, I got a last minute order on Wednesday for Friday.  Working full time and coming home to a baby, this didn't give me much time to whip up the order - but I was optimistic...

This cake definitely challenged me.  On Thursday night, I stayed up almost all night and got up shortly after 4AM to finish it.  Nothing with this cake seemed to go as planned, and on Friday morning, I was contemplating calling the Jodi (person who ordered the cake) to tell her it just wasn't going to happen.  But I am not one to let road blocks hinder me from pursuing my goals, so I kept pushing through and made the most of it, altering my plans for the cake as needed. 

In the end, the cake turned out really cute, and received raved reviews.  The cake was for Mikenna who was turning 13.  The request was for a local high school's colors of light blue, royal blue, white and silver with paw prints (resembling the high schools mascot) on it.  

Happy Birthday Mikenna - and thanks for thinking of me Jodi!

Lots of orders are lining up - it's really encouraging to see this hobby/passion/learning experience turn in to more than just a nerdy hobby of mine :)

Thanks for checking in - Tam a Lam

No comments:

Post a Comment